This right here is my favorite recipe for protein shakes. Actually, to be completely honest, it’s the ONLY recipe that I like. Yes, I’m picky when it comes to health shakes, which is strange because I’ve never really been a picky eater. When you’re married to an Eskimo who regularly enjoys dishes like “Fish Head Soup” and paired with a Southern upbringing that dictates that you eat whatever is set in front of you, pickiness just isn’t an issue. Yet, when it comes to health shakes, suddenly I am acutely aware of texture and that weird aftertaste left by artificial sweeteners. It doesn’t bother most people, but it does me for some odd reason. But a little extra drizzle of honey balances that out just fine.
This recipe is seriously delicious and is my “reward” for working out. Chocolate milkshake for breakfast? Yes, please!
PEANUT BUTTER & CHOCOLATE PROTEIN SHAKE RECIPE
1 heaping scoop of chocolate Shakeology (can use vanilla or cafe latte and add cocoa powder to taste)
8oz of almond milk or 2% milk
2 tsp of peanut butter or peanut butter powder or almond butter (can add more to taste)
Dash of Cinnamon
Handful of ice cubes
1. Place milk, chocolate protein mix, banana, peanut butter, and cinnamon in a blender
2. Blend until smooth (usually 30 seconds), scraping sides as needed
3. Add handful of ice to reach desired constancy.
– More ice = a thicker shake. If you add too much ice and the shake is too thick, add more milk to thin out.
– Feel free to add more banana and peanut butter for more flavor. I actually enjoy 1.5 bananas, frozen in advance for a creamier texture.
Makes 1.5 servings (I usually make enough to share with the kids or save the extra portion